I believe that moderation is key, but indulgence can ignite an inner spark; that learning is a daily event and being challenged is exciting. Always remember that to laugh is to love and to live.

Saturday, May 15, 2010

HH30 Week 2

Wow. This week was very different to Week 1.

My schedule was different as it was quieter at work so I wasn't running around the office for 10 hours each day but instead was sitting at my desk more. It took me a few days to realize that my seemingly constant Daiya slice cravings were actually carb cravings that were making me feel so hungry and a little cranky. The plan for Week 3 is to try and have some grains at each meal to ensure that my hunger is satisfied. One good thing I've noticed this week is that I am getting full quicker, and I feel that this is attributed to eating real food. Not that I ate terribly before this, but when my HH30 meal is balanced, I am definitely more satisfied more quickly. On a more positive note, even though I felt like I was constantly eating (my new colleagues may now think I'm something of a bottomless pit) I never once felt overfull and tired after a meal, but still felt energized after eating. Really, the lesson for me was to have more balanced meals as my body clearly needs grains with each meal in order to feel satisfied. Lesson learned.

After this Monday, I'm done with school (hooray) so am really looking forward to getting back to my regular yoga practice. I've missed it so much and feel like it will be so complemented by this challenge. Getting back into some level of normality, with yoga and seeing my friends again will be a nice change and hopefully make Weeks 3 & 4 a breeze...

No comments:

Post a Comment