I believe that moderation is key, but indulgence can ignite an inner spark; that learning is a daily event and being challenged is exciting. Always remember that to laugh is to love and to live.

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Challenge time - Day 1!

Honestly, I've not been practicing yoga every day over the past 2-3 weeks and I am really feeling it. Lethargy is a big consequence and I can see my toned yoga muscles becoming, well, not very toned. While I was doing my workstudy shift today at the studio, I decided that I am in need of a challenge right now. The last time I undertook a dedicated 30 day Bikram Yoga challenge (November 2009), I informed the then-manager, lovely Aimee who has since opened the amazing Sun In Bloom restaurant, along with some of the teachers of my decision. This was a great way to practice every day as I would regularly be asked how many days into the challenge it was and would not have wanted to admit challenge defeat. This time I'm putting it out here as well as having a chart up in the studio lobby. That only makes me accountable to myself for finishing the challenge but publicizing it will involve my pride therefore not allowing failure. Even on those days where it feels impossible to find the time or energy I will practice, because I know that achieving this goal will empower and strengthen me. Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment