I believe that moderation is key, but indulgence can ignite an inner spark; that learning is a daily event and being challenged is exciting. Always remember that to laugh is to love and to live.

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

WHOLE foods

I'm so excited to be starting a different kind of 30 day challenge on May 1st. This is an online group challenge, managed by Happy Herbivore, to eat only whole, non-processed foods for the month. As I've been considering what I currently eat, which overall is quite healthy, it's amazing how much food we consume that is far from being in a natural state. First concerns included worrying about the lack of satisfying meals without any carbs but then remembered that brown rice and quinoa are fine. But realizing that no soy products (except perhaps edamame!) are allowed made me freak out a little - no soy sauce or tofu for a month?! There are definitely going to be days that are much more challenging than others, and any time I eat out will certainly be interesting, but I think in a time when prepackaged meals, negative corporate dominance of the agricultural industry and fast food are causing so many societal issues, it's great to see so many people join to discover the natural joys of food.

No comments:

Post a Comment