So far, turning 30 has been a wonderful turning point. I'm sure it's coincidental, but life has been great since my birthday. My 20's really feel like a blur and this isn't necessarily a negative thing as I feel that each day I am becoming more true to my self and discovering more goodness in life. My vegan diet continues to make me feel wonderfully healthy and my regular yoga practice continues to provide me with mental clarity and physical strength.
The abundance of love I received on my birthday was such a lovely reminder of how many amazing people are in my life, and the amount of unconditional support I receive from all these people is phenomenal. Perhaps this is my karma for being loyal, honest and supportive to others. Then, after many disheartening months, I was offered a great job at a fantastic organization. Certainly an industry (for lack of a better term) I did not expect to find myself in, but also a good reminder that not every finance firm is the "devil incarnate". I know that I will be offered so much experience in this role and hopefully the opportunity to develop towards further towards my career and educational goals.
In light of all of this, there was one thing still lacking. My need for a regular creative outlet. So with some savings and a little birthday help bought myself a DSLR which I'd been wanting to do for so long! I spent some time this morning figuring out the functions and capabilities and am extremely happy with this purchase. Now if only I can focus on finishing my schoolwork ahead of schedule this week so I can spend a day out taking photos before I start my new job...
I believe that moderation is key, but indulgence can ignite an inner spark; that learning is a daily event and being challenged is exciting. Always remember that to laugh is to love and to live.
Tuesday, April 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment